Thursday, September 4, 2014

Bowness Photography Prize 2014

Substation butterfly on wallpaper (detail) 2013 from the series My mother's fan butterfly pigment ink-jet print 200x160cm
Its on again the Bowness Photography Prize. Congratulations to Petrina Hicks this years winner. Thanks to the Bowness Foundation and the MGA for there continued support of Australian Photographer also to the judges Siri Hayes, Angus Trumble and Shaune Lakin. 

My entry work is a meditation on a photograph I took of my mother’s electric fan - an object of luxury to her. I thought of her working in factories in Germany as a forced labourer, making parachutes. This work continues my interest in old photographs particularly as they are transposed through old printing processes.

Installation shot Courtesy of MGA

Read More: Bowness Prize
Visit: Monash Gallery of Art 
860 Ferntree Gully Road
Wheelers Hill Victoria 3150

No comments:

Post a Comment